Recipe : Strawberry Cream Cake - Happy Midsummer!

Midsummer is a very big deal in Sweden. Or rather Midsummer's Eve. I never really got why Swedes celebrate things like Christmas, Midsummer etc the day before but they seem really into that.

So this long weekend in Sweden, people are celebrating the summer solstice and the longest days of the year, enjoying the midnight sun, getting wet cause it will for sure rain once again, drinking their body weight in various forms of alcohol and eating anything that can be grilled/served with heavy cream and strawberries. In general having lots of fun!

I don't drink but I do enjoy the cream and strawberries part of the menu so let me serve you a bit of strawberry heaven.

Strawberry Cream Cake

(image by CrumblyCookie)

I love this great recipe because of the cream cheese in it and I am making it for Midsummer's Eve on Friday. 
I will go for two cakes with two layers each :)
If you are looking for a delicious, mouthwatering treat this summer go ahead and try this recipe
You will love it I am sure :)

Have a great Midsummer!
xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment